This effective restaurant manager cover letter quickly convinces the employer that your resume is worth reading and helps you stand out from the competition.
Your cover letter should clearly highlight your skills as they match the job requirements, so be sure to customize your cover letter for the specific job opportunity.
You can package your accomplishments and strengths in a powerful cover letter and position yourself as the right candidate for the restaurant manager job opportunity.
Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Alan Stevens
Greenfields Hospitality Inc.
15 West Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Stevens
Please accept the attached resume in application for your Restaurant Manager position. I am confident that my X years experience in restaurant management provides me with the skills to make an immediate contribution to the success of your establishment.
A brief summary of the strengths I would bring include:
- successful planning and supervision of daily activities to consistently attain operational and profit objectives
- a history of building sales and profits by X% per year
- proficient in producing and presenting accurate and complete business reports
- solid track record of recruiting, training and leading a diverse team to achieve the highest level of customer service
- constant maintenance of rigorous standards of food and beverage quality and presentation in a fast-paced environment
My dedication and willingness to go above and beyond in a customer-driven environment combined with my working knowledge and background make me an excellent match for this position. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cover letters are most effective when they clearly demonstrate why you are suitable for the specific job opportunity.
Focus on those skills and competencies that relate directly to the restaurant manager position. These are some of the competencies employers look for, highlight these in your restaurant manager cover letter.
Core Restaurant Manager Competencies
- good communication skills
- coaching, mentoring and motivation skills
- high energy level and ability to manage stressful situations
- high degree of organizing and planning
- rigorous attention to detail
- team building
- problem-solving skills
- judgment and decision-making
- customer service focus
This restaurant manager resume can easily be adapted for your own use.
Restaurant Manager Job Application Resources
Restaurant Manager Cover Letter Tips
Waiter Cover Letter
Manager Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Restaurant Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Food And Beverage Supervisor Cover Letter
A Food and Beverage Supervisor is in charge of all functions related to food planning and delivery for restaurants or other facilities. Responsibilities often held in this role include menu creation, inventory control, employee training and supervision, vendor communications and cost management. A deep knowledge of health and safety regulations is required, as is superior leadership and communication talents.
When writing a cover letter for a Food and Beverage Supervisor, the following types of skills and qualifications can be beneficial to include:
- Food and beverage planning
- Menu pairing/creation
- Special event oversight
- Inventory control/forecasting
- Customer service standards
- SOPs/regulatory compliance
- P&L functions/cost containment
- Staff hiring, training, coaching
- Team leadership
- Scheduling and prioritizing
An example of a cover letter for this position is below, including similar abilities, qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Food And Beverage Supervisor Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Hagemann:
When I learned of your search for a new Food and Beverage Supervisor, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As an experienced and solution-focused manager with more than 14 years of experience driving operations and business development within the food and beverage sector, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Flagstaff Country Club’s goals and objectives for this role.
My background includes directing operations, teams, and sales strategies to drive business development and enhance revenue growth for established restaurants and licensed facilities. From overseeing special events and leading highly motivated teams to spearheading staff training initiatives and directing profit and loss responsibilities, I excel at realizing increased revenue streams and providing an exceptional level of customer satisfaction and retention. Furthermore, my flexible work schedule and my expertise in health regulations and food safety are certain to render me an immediate asset to your team.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Directing day-to-day food and beverage operations, project/event management, and staff leadership for highly reputable restaurants and facilities – including the Tidewater Inn, Lakewood Sportsplex, and Broad Mountain Restaurant – to accelerate business success and goal achievement while containing costs.
- Presiding over the creation and delivery of delectable buffets for VIP parties and other special events, serving up to 750+ guests.
- Innovating new menu items and creating tasting panels for senior managers to inform ultimate selections and offerings.
- Supervising up to 170 team members over four shifts; creating and updating schedules, delegating and prioritizing tasks, and training and coaching as needed to ensure top-notch customer satisfaction and retention.
- Achieving consistent recognition for outstanding leadership talents as well as excellent customer service and rates of retention.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Restaurant Management from the University of Toledo.
My skills in staff and operations management, overall business development, and organizational leadership within the food and beverage sector have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Soledad R. Reynoso