The two cover letters on this page are both for the Housekeeping industry. The first is a professional seeking a managerial position, the second is an entry-level candidate hoping to land a full time job. These cover letters have been written based on real resume samples hosted on our website. Learn how to write your resume here.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
Both of the letters on this page follow the template outlined in our cover letter writing guide:
SEE ALSO > How to Write an Excellent Cover Letter
Housekeeping Cover Letter Sample
Based on the following resume:
Click Here to Download Our
Housekeeping CL Templates
Date Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. (Manager’s Name)
I’m writing to you in reference to the recent job opening for Houskeeping Manager on your website.
I am a methodical and amenable professional with years of experience in the housekeeping industry, and I am excited to be applying for this position. I think that I’m a perfect match for this position, as your job description tracks perfectly with my abilities, and the 6+ years of experience I’ve gained in this industry.
Currently, I am employed at The Venetian Hotel as a housekeeper, where I have familiarized myself with and used all of the cleaning materials and tools. I’ve also been tasked with training, assisting, and supervising a team of 7 staff members, where I demonstrated strong leadership and organisational skills, along with a solid work ethic. I have become expert at managing staff and delegating work effectively, and possess superb communication skills that allow me to quickly fit into any existing team. I also previously worked at Boston Court Yard Hotel where I learned the basics of general duties like dusting, cleaning, vacuuming, and completing other tasks. Right now I am interested in elevating my professional prospects by working for a company like yours that values hard work, effort and loyalty in a management role. I have attached my resume for your review and would very much welcome a personal meeting with you to discuss your needs, and my ability to meet them.
T: Phone number
E: email address
Entry-Level Housekeeping Cover Letter
Based on the following resume:
Click Here to Download Our Entry-Level
Housekeeper CL Templates
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. (Manager’s Name)
I’m contacting you regarding your advertisement for the housekeeping position on (Website Name). I’d like to apply for this vacancy, and have attached my resume for your consideration. My interest in this position stems from my belief that I have the right combination of relevant hospitality experience, organizational skills, and high levels of integrity that make me a superb candidate. My ability to leverage my knowledge and experience in the housekeeping industry would make me a strong asset to your company.
I have been working at the Tromphee Hotel as a part-time housekeeper for more than 2 years. In that time, I’ve gained a reputation for expertly fostering and sustaining enduring working relations with numerous visitors and guests, as well as the management and staff. By suggesting changes in standard operating procedure, efficiency by 10%, saving the hotel both time and money. My work experience at Tromphee Hotel has given me a robust and comprehensive understanding of the hospitality sector.
I previously was employed as an Assistant Housekeeper at Boston Court Yard Hotel, where I was tasked with general cleaning duties at hotel rooms, hallways and common areas. I also assisted the floor manager in achieving deadlines, inventory management, and ensuring top quality service for VIP customers. To date I feel my strongest abilities are:
- Always ensuring that the highest standards of quality, customer service and health and safety are adhered to
- Strong passion for problem solving and ability to multi-task
- Being able to greet customers warmly, and quickly find out what their needs are
I consider myself to be a dedicated and dependable individual who possess excellent verbal communication and customer orientation skills. I feel that a relationship with your company would be mutually beneficial, as my background, experience, and qualifications would make me a perfect fit for your vacancy, and would also allow me to progress in my career. In closing, I would like to thank you for your time and attention, and I hope to have the chance to discuss the opening with you in person. Sincerely,
T: Phone number
E: email address
Housekeepers play a critical role in the upkeep of homes, hotels and other places of residence around the world. A good cover letter, just like a good housekeeper, must be organized and operate efficiently. There are a variety of ways to make your cover letter stand out amongst the rest. The following cover letter was written for a housekeeper with over nine years of relevant experience, but is still a valuable reference point for people interested in finding their first housekeeping position.
Hiring managers for a housekeeping position are looking for candidates who can demonstrate they have the energy and stamina to do this demanding work. Be sure to state your proclivities for these attributes, and be sure to reflect them in your previous work responsibilities.
If you’re in a hurry, our cover letter builder will do the heavy-lifting for you and get it looking great in minutes!
Table of Contents
- Housekeeping Cover Letter Sample (Image)
- Housekeeping Cover Letter (Text Format)
- Tips for Writing Your Housekeeping Cover Letter
1. Housekeeping Cover Letter Sample (Image)
The following images show a housekeeping cover letter, and its matching resume from the same applicant.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Housekeeping Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
If you are interested in other types of employment, our free cover letter database is a great resource at your disposal.
2. Housekeeping Cover Letter (Text Format)
Oct 30, 2016
341 Company Address
Palo Alto, California, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
My name is [Your Name], and I recently saw your advertisement in the Boston Herald searching for a new hotel housekeeping manager. I’ve been working in the housekeeping industry for over nine years, and I’m intimately familiar with what is needed to keep a hotel pristine and customers happy.
A housekeeper must be both methodical and meticulous in order to keep things running smoothly. During my first housekeeping job, I worked as an assistant for Valencia Courtyards in Boston, MA, where I was responsible for tracking the status of 110 hotel rooms, as well as closely inspecting the state of all room equipment and materials. The majority of my experience comes from my time at Big City Hotel in New Brunswick, PA where I’ve been employed for the past seven years. Here I work in tangent with a team of 60 housekeepers to keep 188 rooms immaculate and hundreds of guests content. For example, by coordinating a hotel-wide laundry workflow, I reduced guest wait-time to under two hours.
[Target Company] has been expanding recently, and with expansion comes diversity. I am fluent in both English and Spanish, and believe my communication skills would be an asset for the hotel’s burgeoning housekeeping staff. My work ethic combined with my ability to easily communicate can help elevate [Target Company] to new heights.
I would love the opportunity to come in and interview at a time convenient for you. You can reach me at [PHONE] or by email at [EMAIL]. I eagerly await to hear from you. Thank you for your time and consideration.
3. 4 Tips for Writing Your Housekeeping Cover Letter
1. Examples are stronger than buzz-words. An excellent housekeeper must have high standards of cleanliness and an impeccable work ethic, and this is best illustrated through the use of clear examples. Instead of saying you are a hard worker, describe a time that you worked hard and achieved something.
2. Clearly illustrate how responsible you are. A responsible housekeeper is a valuable asset to companies in the hospitality industry because they are reliable, and can keep guests satisfied while maintaining a clean, positive environment.
Instead of saying you are a hard worker, describe a time that you worked hard and achieved something.
3. Flexibility is also key. Housekeepers play a variety of roles; such as delegating tasks, taking requests from guests, and coordinating daily operations with other members of the housekeeping staff. The ability to work comfortably on a team, as well as being independent enough to handle working alone, are both important to potential employees. Make this flexibility apparent in your cover letter.
4. Strong communication skills are a huge plus. Whether you’re looking to find a managerial housekeeping job or are applying for your first position, being able to communicate well is important for anyone who has to work on a team and deal with the needs of customers on a daily basis. Housekeepers frequently have to deal with guests face-to-face, so discussing your past experience in a service industry role is useful for a hiring manager.